Networking is the best way to get back in the game. Ideally you have someone explain your story to the prospective employer and can vouch for your skills.
Other resources to take advantage of:
- Apresgroup: career site for moms going back to work or pivoting
- Hastings’ Center for WorkLife Law: advocacy and research organization that seeks to advance racial, gender, and class equity
- On-Ramp Fellowship: re-entry platform that matches experienced lawyers returning to the workforce after a career hiatus with law firms and legal departments in the U.S. for year-long paid positions (affiliated companies have included Amazon,Microsoft, Accenture)
- Pathforward.org: empowers you to restart your career after caretaking (affiliated companies have included Coursera, Instacart, Zendesk)
- Reboot: empowering women and building inclusive workplaces
- Tech companies‘ reboot programs. See, e.g., Facebook; HPE, etc.
- Women Back to Work: helps companies that value diversity and inclusion hire career-ready returners with technical and other professional backgrounds through contingent hires, direct hires, and full-service returnship programs (affiliated companies include Amazon, Cisco, Equinix, Palo Alto Networks, ServiceNow, Splunk)