- On July 27, 2019
Summer is the perfect time to think about where you want to work and what you have to offer. Once you have that down, get in order your LinkedIn page and your resume. Next you should create your basic cover letter. Crafting one is easy since you have already thought through what skills you offer to what kinds of companies.
I like the suggestions of these articles on cover letters:
- Start simply: say what job you’re applying for, how you can help, and why you’re interested. Name drop if you can, and ideally have that person make an intro.
- Use the same style and format as your resume, including font type and size.
- After you create your standard cover, tweak it for the specific job in mind. Add keywords from the job description to your basic cover letter. Line up your work experience to that job, and address the letter to a specific person (you may need to Google that information).
- Show you have industry knowledge. Add details when you apply to a specific employer.
- Close by expressing gratitude, your interest, and hope that you will hear back soon. Sign.