- On June 14, 2020
- Giants like Amazon, Facebook, and Microsoft are hiring now and will continue to hire. See my recent blog here. See also The New York Times’ The Economy Is Reeling. The Tech Giants Spy Opportunity.
- As expected, life sciences is doing well during COVID. Indeed, all my life sciences clients are continuing to hire counsel.
- Also expected, media streaming, video collaboration, and some cloud/digital companies are also doing well. My clients in those spaces are actively engaging in searches for lawyers. The CEO of Adecco, a global employment agency, recently confirmed seeing big growth in the digital space, including e-commerce and infrastructure, in his QA with the Wall Street Journal.
- Some fintech is doing well. The New York Times confirmed some fintech companies have benefited from COVID and reported that they have captured small businesses with changing financial needs due to the pandemic. What I’ve seen supports this trend; a global fintech client recently unfroze searches that it had put on hold at the beginning of the pandemic.
- Another area to watch is Augmented Reality/Virtual Reality (AR/VR). The Wall Street Journal recently reported that AR/VR companies are doing well because they fulfill the needs of semiconductor, healthcare, and defense which all use visualization tools during the pandemic since travel is difficult.
These trends are important in the job search because you need to know who is hiring. Now figure out what skills to highlight, what skills you still need to work on, and whom to get to know in these industries.