- On June 7, 2020
Use any down time caused by COVID to sharpen skills, pick up new ones, or help someone else! Below are some good resources:
- Address legal issues arising from COVID through analyses by top firms and collected by Stanford Law.
- Learn how to get a job in this market: Follow Andrew Seaman #GetHired at LinkedIn or CareerSherpa.
- Continue your legal education with free classes from top law schools: Stanford’s Rock Center; Berkeley Boosts.
- Read leadership and management books recommended by Wharton professor Adam Grant.
- Take free LinkedIn classes covering a variety of topics: https://learning.linkedin.com/blog/education/10-free-linkedin-learning-courses-that-ll-make-you-a-better-prof https://learning.linkedin.com/blog/linkedin-learning-resources/free-linkedin-learning-resources-to-help-you-navigate-the-impact.
- Refer businesses affected by COVID to these resources: WSGR’s SixFifty; Berkeley’s free resources.
Not only can you account for your time if asked by a future employer, you can also better yourself and help others. If you see a good tip that you know a friend or business could use, go ahead and send the referral. That’s called networking, and it doesn’t always have to be painful.